Friday 1 March 2013

Lace Making



Since I started lace making i haven't shown you any of the work I have done.
Probably because I work quite slowly and it's taken me ages to get this much done.

The first piece was the first piece I did and it was to show me how to do various stitches and how to make the gaps. This must have taken me about 4 -5 weeks to do. Sometimes I would only do about 11 lines in 3 hours.

Since then, I have been working on my first round piece. At class on Monday I think I spent as much time undoing lines as I did advancing !!
The other ladies in my class have been lace making for years and their work in truly amazing, I hope I can get that good in time too.



Depuis que j'ai commencé la dentelle je ne vous ai pas montré tout le travail que j'ai fait.
Probablement parce que je travaille très lentement et ça m'a pris des heures à faire si peu.

La première photo est la première pièce que j'ai fait et c'était pour me montrer comment faire des points différents et la façon de faire les écarts. Cela a dû me prendre environ 4 -5 semaines à faire. Parfois, je ne le ferais que 11 lignes en 3 heures.

Depuis, je travaille sur ma pièce ronde. Au cour lundi, je crois que j'ai passé autant de temps de dé
faire des lignes que d'avancer !!

Les autres femmes de ma classe ont fait pendant des années la dentelle et leur travail est vraiment incroyable, j'espère que je peux devenir aussi bon avec le temps.

Alison xx

No comments:

Post a Comment