Tuesday 1 April 2014

A to Z Challenge A is for .................

Alison

That's me !!
This month I am taking part in a huge challenge to blog each day following the letters of the alphabet.
I thought that I would start by introducing myself to new people who are discovering my blog for the first time.


I'm Alison of Crafty Alison In Lyon
I am crafty and I have lived in Lyon for the last nineteen years, although I am Scottish.
We arrived here in May 1995 with my new husband's new job.
We only intended staying for a couple of years - but as you know, life happens and we are still here.
Over the years our family grew and we now have two teenage boys who are growing up far from their extended families, so we are a very close-knit foursome.

I started card making about twelve years ago with a Polish friend, making our Christmas cards, but afterwards I found that I couldn't go back to buying shop cards and my obsession with paper crafts began.
Almost four years ago I joined Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator - my anniversary will be the 26th of the month.
And I still love their products as much now as I did then.
But I love the people, who I have met through our love of crafting, more.

In the last 18 months, I have also expanded by crafting interests and I now do Patchwork, Lace Making and Flower Arranging as well as running 4 - 5 classes a month in Card Making and Scrapbooking.

Over the next month I will show you lots of handmade crafty items that I have made, but tomorrow I have a special start for you all. I hope you will come back and see.

--------------------

C'est moi !!
Ce mois-ci, je prends part à un défi énorme à bloguer chaque jour en suivant les lettres de l'alphabet.
J'ai pensé que je voudrais commencer par me présenter à de nouvelles personnes qui découvrent mon blog pour la première fois.


Je suis Alison de Crafty Alison à Lyon
Je suis créative et j'habite à Lyon depuis dix-neuf ans même si je suis écossaise.Nous sommes arrivés ici en mai 1995, avec le nouvel emploi de mon nouveau mari.Nous ne voulions rester pour deux ou trois ans - mais comme vous le savez , la vie se passe et nous sommes toujours là.Au fil des ans, notre famille a grandi et nous avons maintenant deux adolescents qui grandissent loin de leur famille élargie, nous sommes donc un quatuor très soudée .
J'ai commencé la fabrication de cartes il y a une douzaine d'années avec une amie polonaise, en faisant nos cartes de Noël , mais ensuite j'ai découvert que je ne pouvais plus retourner à l'achat de cartes de magasin et mon obsession le monde créatif a commencé.
Il y a près de quatre ans , j'ai rejoint Stampin 'Up! comme démonstratrice - mon anniversaire sera le 26 du mois.Et j'aime encore leurs produits autant maintenant qu'il y a quatre ans.Mais j'aime plus les gens , que j'ai rencontrés à travers notre amour de la création.
Au cours des 18 derniers mois , j'ai également développé mes intérêts -je fais maintenant le Patchwork, la Dentelle et l'Art Florale ainsi que l'exécution 4 - 5 cours par mois dans l'élaboration de la carte et Scrapbooking .
Au cours du mois prochain, je vais vous montrer beaucoup d' articles faits main, mais demain je vais commencer avec quelques chose de spéciale pour vous tous.
 J'espère que vous allez revenir et voir.

Alison xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit to my blog @ The Dead Writers Society! I love France, but haven't been there for years! This challenge is a lot of fun.

    I used to be much more crafty, but I have so little time these days. My daughter will be heading off to college in the fall, so perhaps some hours will free up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleased to meet you Alison. I'm not very crafty, though I started learning a lot about it in the past year, both for my own interest and because I created a character that is very creative and prefers to make his own stuff instead of store-bought stuff. I look forward to your posts. They will hopefully inspire my character.

    Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog, Bridget Carson Books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you! Looking forward to seeing some of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison. Nice to meet you. :-)

    Yay! for crafty bloggers taking part in the challenge. I look forward to seeing your crafty posts.

    Stefani @ Dreams of Nyssa

    ReplyDelete