Wednesday 23 April 2014

T is for .......

Tatting Lace



This technique is my latest obsession !!!!

My lace making teacher offered us a day course in the March holidays in this technique. I missed the class where she showed us her examples, so I went into the day a bit blind about what we were getting up to.

So I was really surprised that it took me over 3 hours to understand the first part of the first stitch. Although that was quicker than some of the other ladies. By the end of our 8 hour day I had managed just 3 small circles.  But since then I have been practising and practising and last week I finished this butterfly. I know it's not perfect but it's the biggest piece I have managed so far. 
I have bought a book with 12 different animals that can be used to make a baby blanket. So next I will be trying either a cat or a squirrel. 

 Cette technique est ma dernière obsession!!

Mon professeur de dentelle nous a offert un stage pendant les vacances de mars. J'ai manqué la classe où elle nous a montré ses exemples, alors je suis allée dans la journée un peu aveugle sur ce que nous nous allions faire.

Donc, j'ai été vraiment surprise que cela m'a pris plus de 3 heures pour comprendre la première partie de la première maille. Bien que c'était plus rapide que d'autres dames. À la fin de notre journée de 8 heures j'avais réussi seulement 3 petits cercles. Mais depuis que je la pratique et pratique et la semaine dernière j'ai terminé ce papillon. Je sais que ce n'est pas parfait, mais c'est le plus gros morceau que j'ai réussi jusqu'ici.

J'ai acheté un livre avec 12 animaux différents qui peuvent être utilisés pour faire une couverture de bébé. Alors, la prochaine je vais essayer soit un chat ou un écureuil.

Alison xx


2 comments:

  1. I love that. It looks too hard for me to make, but I love it. (www.reflectionsenroute.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete